Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Webster's Falls

Webster's Falls - Hamilton (Approximately 50 minutes from Mississauga)

About an hour's drive to Hamilton will bring you to one of the most beautiful waterfalls you can experience in your "backyard".  This 72' waterfall is located at the Spencer Gorge in Greensville (20 minutes from downtown Hamilton). 



I visited this waterfall with my adventurous friend who had read up on the best waterfalls to see in Ontario.  To our amazement, it was so beautiful!  Pictures can not showcase the actual beauty of this area.  

To the side, there is a staircase that leads to the base of the falls.  You can actually stand behind the "curtain" of the water and view the falls from an intimate view.  Not many people visiting know that you can do that so when I did it, it felt like I would find a secret path that will lead to hidden treasure, like in the Disney movies. Hehe. Sadly, it's just a rock wall. 

While visiting this area, my friend and I took a hike on the Bruce Trail that runs through that area and we went antiquing at a nearby shop.  Such an inexpensive, fun filled day!

NOTE: It is very dangerous to venture behind the falls in the winter time as it can be slippery.  Always use caution.  The staircase is usually closed in the wintertime.

NOTE: There is a $10 admission per vehicle to enter the park.


To the eastern side of Webster's Falls, is Baby Webster Falls!  



Baby Webster Falls has a height of 60' and a width of 10'.  It is usually missed due to it's little water flow unless seasonal storms occur or the winter snow melts.  It is considered a "ribbon" waterfall.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Kirsty:-) First off... I found your Blog through a picture on your Blog from a Google picture search ...it was from 1 of your Quarry pics! I'm so happy I found your Blog for I've learned a few things on places I've visited many times over & I've discovered these double falls to visit thanks to your Blog! How unique these falls are! In July we're going to see them & climb behind the falls :-) Thank-you for having your Blog! @--}-----

    ReplyDelete